Monday, 02 May 2011 13:43
We are excited to announce the immediate availability of Trisul Network Metering and Forensics 1.2.704.
The highlights of this release are :
- A brand new user interface which makes navigation easier
- A new look and feel for consistency
- A new Tool called "Routers and Interfaces". If you are running Netflow or Sflow with Trisul, this allows you to explore interface usage.
- A new Tool called "Payload Search". Specify a binary/hex pattern or a file or a piece of file and Trisul will reassemble all TCP streams looking for that pattern.
- Enhancements to PDF reports
- A new chart type called LineTable which shows a graphical chart as well as a table below it
- Trisul now supports 256 flow trackers, up from the previous 32
- A new executive report called "Infrastructure report". It gives you an overview of all routers and interfaces.
- Various tweaks and bug fixes
- Fixed a bug when Trisul is stopped in the middle of archiving raw packets
- Removed libpcap dependency for Trisul
- Changed default packet capture mode of Trisul to Linux RX Ring. Libpcap only recommended for < 10mbps
All users of Trisul are encouraged to update their installations. All data will be retained after the update.
Remember that Trisul is totally free if you are only interested in the most recent 3-day window. You just have to download and install the software. There are no nags, emails, ads, or crippled features.
Thanks for your wonderful support for Trisul.