BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All your questions answered real quick by Unleash Networks Engineers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem with SNMP V3 in Unbrowse SNMP

Problem with SNMP V3 in Unbrowse SNMP 15 years 7 months ago #199

• MKB
Hello, I am having a problem with SNMP v3 trap reception in Unbrowse SNMP. If I set my SNMP device to send traps with MD5 authentication but no privacy, the traps are received correctly. If I enable MD5 and DES Privacy, Unbrowse receives traps but the traps have no information. The message \"Encrypted(authPriv not supported)\" is shown in the trap window on each trap.

I have confirmed that all of the passphrases and username is correct, and the community string is correct. The SNMP v3 user appears in Manage SNMP Users correctly, the status is active and the user is logged in, and the proper authentication and privacy algorithms are shown.

Any help you could give on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with SNMP V3 in Unbrowse SNMP 15 years 7 months ago #200

• netscript
Sorry for the late response. There was a problem with this forum software in notifying us of new posts. It has been rectified now.

Unbrowse currently does not support decrypting SNMPv3 traps (ie traps sent with authPriv). It is quite an major feature and we did not have any users asking for it. Now that we have a user for this feature, we will add it in.

The software will be updated to support this feature in the next couple of days. I will send you an email when it is available.

Again, sorry for the delayed response. In future, if you do not get a response within a day - send email to info at unleashnetworks dot com.

Best regards,

Vivek

Re:Problem with SNMP V3 in Unbrowse SNMP 15 years 7 months ago #201

• netscript
We have a new build that supports decryption of SNMPv3 traps sent with authPriv. We have tested the new build with all auth protocols (MD5/SHA) and (DES/AES-128).

Please check your email for a link where you can download the build immediately.

Regards,

Unleash Networks
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds