BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All your questions answered real quick by Unleash Networks Engineers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: starting the packet analyzer

starting the packet analyzer 17 years 2 months ago #116

Hi,
When I click the new button or go to File -> New the program just closes. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but same thing. Any suggestions? Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:starting the packet analyzer 17 years 2 months ago #117

• netscript
Hi,

Has it worked for you in the past ? If so, the configuration is probably messed up. Delete the %APPDATA%\Unleash Networks\Unsniff\Cfg directory, and restart. You dont have to reinstall. (To open the %APPDATA% folder, use Windows Start->Run->Type in \"%APPDATA%\" into the box)

If this is the first time you are trying Unsniff and it is not working, then you can try a couple of things.

1. Go to \"Tools->Customize->Capture\", click on the adapters button. Do you see your network adapters in that list ?

2. Uninstall Winpcap (via Add/Remove programs), this will make you use Windows Raw Sockets as the packet provider. See if it works.

If still no luck, please tell us which version of Windows you are using (XP/2K/XP-SP2/Vista). Also, are you running under VMWare?

Thanks for this report, This is certainly a high priority fix for us.

Best Regards,
Vivek Rajan
Unleash Networks

Re:starting the packet analyzer 17 years 2 months ago #118

Thanks for the response. I deleted the UnsniffCfg directory and uninstalled Wincap and it works. Thanks again.

Re:starting the packet analyzer 17 years 1 week ago #128

I just encountered the same problem. It started happening immediately after I configured a display filter.

Deleting the cfg directory corrected the issue. I'm using version 1.0.1.1234.

Re:starting the packet analyzer 17 years 1 week ago #129

• netscript
Hi Brenda,

This problem occurs after a fresh install. The new version of Unsniff is not able to handle the older configuration.

We have since fixed it.

Regards,
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds