BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All your questions answered real quick by Unleash Networks Engineers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to save Offline-Captures?

Where to save Offline-Captures? 17 years 9 months ago #24

• Jens
I started Offline-Capturing but I don't know where the Program moved the captured data into.. :(

Is there a way to edit the current configuration?
Thanx
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Where to save Offline-Captures? 17 years 9 months ago #27

• netscript
Hi Jens,

You typically use offline capturing on a very heavily loaded network. In this mode, packets are directly streamed to disk (a temporary file) as they are captured. If you stop the capture, the captured packets are read back and displayed in Unsniff. The temporary file is then automatically deleted.

The captured packets are saved in the windows temp folder (to find out the location, open a DOS prompt and type echo %TEMP% )

We dont recommend you change the temp folder unless you are running out of disk space, but if you want to do it use the \"Tools->Customize->Capture\" dialog. Check the \"Custom Temp Folder\" and select another folder.

Regards,

Re:Where to save Offline-Captures? 17 years 9 months ago #30

• Jens
I did find the Temp-Folder, but I was wondering why it is empty. Did not knew that Unsniffer deletes all temporary files and loads them into Unsniffer automatically. But my \"Where are the PDUs\"-Problem does yet exist. Although I do Offline-Capturing the PDU-Sheet stays always empty. :(
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds