BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All your questions answered real quick by Unleash Networks Engineers.

TOPIC: Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump?

Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump? 13 years 8 months ago #317

• ncrofts
Hi,

I read that unsniff supports 'one-click' playback of audio in IAX2 streams.

(www.unleashnetworks.com/resources/articl...s-using-unsniff.html)

I have an ethereal log file containing IAX2 data. I tried importing this into unsniff and it does seem to load up the data. However, I can't seem to see the functionality for playing back the audio.

Is this capability actually supported? Or have I misunderstood the description of the playback functionality?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump? 13 years 8 months ago #318

Yes , it is supported for G711u,a,GSM,iLBC,Speex codecs.

What codec are you using ?
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums

Re: Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump? 13 years 8 months ago #319

• ncrofts
Now using G711u I just had another look at this and have now found where in the UI the playback is defined.

Thanks for your help.
Neil

Re: Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump? 13 years 6 months ago #336

• Audio playback of IAX2 stream from
  • Audio playback of IAX2 stream from's Avatar
Where is the playback defined? I am unable to find it.

Re: Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump? 13 years 6 months ago #337

First check if feature enabled.

1. Go to Plugins > Customize locate the IAX2 group and check if "Extract Audio" is True

2. Import the file.

3. Go to the user objects tab. You should have a list of call-legs. Right click any call leg and select Play.

Thanks,
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums

Re: Audio playback of IAX2 stream from ethereal dump? 13 years 6 months ago #338

• Jeremy
Thank you for your reply. I checked Plugins>Configure and looked in the list under Customize. IAX2 extract audio is set to true. Next I opened a packet capture that does contain IAX2 packets. (I started packet capture before I performed a short test call. I then stopped packet capture after the call was completed. My capture was performed at my gateway.) When I review my packet capture I can see all my IAX2 frames yet when I review the user objects tab I don't see any data. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks in advance!
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds