BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Get quick Unbrowse SNMP help from Unleash Networks Engineers. The fastest way.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How does Unbrowse SNMP really work

How does Unbrowse SNMP really work 13 years 4 months ago #350

• Marie Tina
Hey guys the thing is this. I have prtg installed and i can't add my motorola canopy radios. I then decided to download and install a trial of Unbrowse SNMP. With it i can discover the radios but dont know how to get to the database to see the statistics and all. What am i doing wrong? Can someone help me out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How does Unbrowse SNMP really work 13 years 4 months ago #351

Hi there,

Unbrowse is a SNMP tool. You can use it to look at the MIB database on the device, chart objects (polling), receive traps, manage snmpv3 among other things.

You can get started by viewing these screencasts unleashnetworks.com/products/unbrowse-snmp.html (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Basically you first select the MIB objects you want to retrieve - if it is a canopy device you can try to get those MIBs and load them into Unbrowse first.

Press Ctrl+M and select the MIBs you want to add.

Next double click the MIB on the right to open it up - select objects from the tree (shift click to select multiple). Next right click and select MIB Walker..

You would be able to figure out the rest if not pls post back here.

Cheers,

Vivek
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums

Re:How does Unbrowse SNMP really work 13 years 4 months ago #352

• Marie
Thanks for the info but it isn't enough. The problem I have is that I can't figure our where is the information is being stored. They said it is in the database but which is that where is it? I hope some one can post an answer soon.

Re:How does Unbrowse SNMP really work 13 years 4 months ago #353

Hi,

You are on the right track, I think.

First you discover the radios via SNMP or add them in manually.

Next you have to select which objects you want to retrieve - to do this step you need the Motorola Canopy MIBs. These MIBs will tell you what the objects stored in the radio device are and what each of their datatype is.

Once you have decided on the objects (say a switch location object) - you use Unbrowse to pull the information in to a spreadsheet. You can then save it into a file (called VOWLK) or export it to HTML etc.

I think I answered you, but I still have a lingering doubt that you are talking about some other kind of database.

Hope this helps,
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds