BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Get quick Unbrowse SNMP help from Unleash Networks Engineers. The fastest way.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile

Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile 13 years 1 month ago #355

• DavidW
During a batch compile the unbrowse snmp will stop with an error after 90 or so mibs are being compiled with the error
Error: Access violation at 0x01D14036.

When you click OK unbrowse exits and looses all the currently compiled mibs. Has anyone else seen this error.

Dell Latitude dl830 Windows XP SP3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile 13 years 1 month ago #356

Hi David ,

It seems like one of the MIBs (maybe around the 90th) is tripping up Unbrowse. This is rare but there are some MIBs out there that are non standard.

Can you compile say the first 80 and see if that works ? This way you might to able to narrow down the offending MIB. Alternately, send me the MIBs privately at the email address shown on the left side of this page and I can figure out whats going on.

Regards,

Vivek
Unleash Networks
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums

Re:Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile 13 years 1 month ago #359

• DavidW
I have randomly tried several different combinations of what you describe. I also get a com failure error on some but no catastrophic error that dumps the program. Is there a checker, for the MIBS or other work around that could fix this situation.

Re:Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile 13 years 1 month ago #361

Does the crash now appear at unpredictable places ? If that is the case, you can try to start clean by renaming the folder.
%APPDATA%\Unleash Networks\Unbrowse SNMP 

There is a script that can be used to check if MIBs will compile. I will get back to you with the script in a few hours.

Can you share the name of the vendor whose MIBs you are trying to import ? Maybe I can pull them out and try it here if they are available in the public domain.

Thanks,
Vivek R
Unleash Networks

Re:Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile 13 years 1 month ago #363

Cisco

Available at ftp.cisco.com/mibs

Re:Unbrowse SNMP Error during Compile 13 years 1 month ago #364

Did you try cleaning up the configuration and retrying the batch compile as described in the previous post ?

Unbrowse compiles Cisco MIBs with no problems. Can you try installing the Cisco MIB package ? www.unleashnetworks.com/products/unbrows...mp/mib-packages.html

This contains all (1100+) Cisco MIBs

Best,
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds