BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Issues related to installation, running, bugs, and features.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Trisul Release available : Feat Payload Search

Re: New Trisul Release available : Feat Payload Search 13 years 1 month ago #397

• Mark Maunu
Hi Vivek-

No worries. Just replaced the file . I'll let u know if I have any issues. Love the app!
thanks-
Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Trisul Release available : Feat Payload Search 13 years 1 month ago #398

Thanks Mark,

Are you doing Netflow or Raw Packets into Trisul ?

I can point you to some cool features that are kind of hidden in the UI.
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums

Re: New Trisul Release available : Feat Payload Search 13 years 1 month ago #400

• Mark Maunu
Vivek I am doing raw packets now into Trisul but I'd like to send netflow data as well .

I've noticed that the trisul process that I manually started from webstrisul page dies every so often and I have to go in and manually restart it from the web interface. Is that normal? There is tons of data in the app that is collected but I wasn't sure if the trisul process dying was normal.

Re: New Trisul Release available : Feat Payload Search 13 years 1 month ago #401

No that is not normal at all. Extremely undesirable. In our many trials Trisul runs for weeks / months.

Can you check if the following helps :

1. Go to Customize > Advanced > Options. Change the "Trisul starting mode" parameter from online to onlinerxring. This will use the linux RX_RING mechanism to capture packets instead of the stock libpcap (which is quite inefficient). This will also help capture at high speeds.

If you are interested I offer to send you a free unrestricted license file to you for your help in tracking this down. Type the following and send me the output via email.

<code>
trisul --machineid
</code>

Thanks,

Regards,
Vivek R
Unleash Networks
Support : www.unleashnetworks.com/forums
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds