BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Issues related to installation, running, bugs, and features.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Error running ruby script for Trisul

Error running ruby script for Trisul 12 years 1 month ago #640

• JOEDOE
Hi there.

I am intrigued by the Trisul Remote scripting feature. However when I try the sample in the tutorial trisul.org/docs/ug/trp/trpgemsteps.html :

OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server session ticket A: sslv3 alert certificate expired

What certificate expired ? Any help ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error running ruby script for Trisul 12 years 3 weeks ago #642

• Admin [unleash]
Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. It appears that the demo (dummy) certificate we issued with Trisul has expired.

You can create your own certificate & keys as described here : trisul.org/docs/ug/trp/trpsecurity.html

We will update our next release (2.4) with a new cert. We also have major new docs / API for TRP in 2.4 due in end March.

What are you planning to use TRP for ? I would love to hear how users are putting it to use.

Thanks,

Re:Error running ruby script for Trisul 12 years 3 weeks ago #645

Hello, I had the same issue as JOEDOE, but I was able to build my own cert and keys and get past that. I was able to run the first simple demo and make a connection. However, the next sample problem doesnt work for me.
As soon as I add this line:

req = mk_request(TRP::Message::Command::HELLO_REQUEST,
:station_id => "MyAutomationProg")

I get this error message:

"Connection success"
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:178:in `syswrite': Broken pipe (Errno::EPIPE)
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:178:in `do_write'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:192:in `write'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/trisulrp-1.2.11/lib/trisulrp/protocol.rb:70:in `get_response'
from hellotrp.rb:14
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/trisulrp-1.2.11/lib/trisulrp/protocol.rb:49:in `connect'
from hellotrp.rb:6

I have tried updating a lot of the gems required by trisulrp, but I have not found the answer yet.
Last Edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by daltonporter.
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds