BLOG     |     FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Issues related to installation, running, bugs, and features.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Long tail confusion

Long tail confusion 10 years 3 months ago #3847

• Tad Elsworth
Loving the long tail hosts counters. We are able to pick up traffic on obscure sites and monitor them separately.

A couple of questions.

1. We are always getting a blank report on "Long Fat". If I understand this correctly this is traffic that is within top 1M of Alexa but not in the top 10%. We are a fairly large network so should this be blank?

2. Is there a way to *only* show the "diff" in the long tail reports?

Should I email you the PDF or screenshots? Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Long tail confusion 10 years 2 months ago #3849

• Admin [unleash]
Hello Tad,
1. We are always getting a blank report on "Long Fat". If I understand this correctly this is traffic that is within top 1M of Alexa but not in the top 10%. We are a fairly large network so should this be blank?

Yes it is unusual but entirely possible that you have no traffic in long fat counter group. This is actually a mix of Alexa and Quantcast top 1M hosts. Long Fat hosts are those that are present in this list but not in the top 10%. Do you have reports in the Long Thin group (those that are not in the lists at all?)

2. Is there a way to *only* show the "diff" in the long tail reports?

The PDF reports have a diff between two days. There is a page that shows long tail hosts that appeared today that was not there yesterday. I think this is what you might be looking for.

Yes, please send across the PDF report.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: vivek [unleash]
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds